Thursday, December 5, 2013

10 OUTSTANDING gift ideas for the woman who has everything



Believe me these are different. You need to read this! 


Yes it’s that time of the year again. Unfortunately for all these around me they not only have to consider a suitable Christmas gift (I would be happy with just their time) but my birthday also falls in December as well. 

As I watch the ones who are closest to me struggle with the ‘what do I get her’ question, I am incredulous in that I believe there are so many wonderful things they could give me that they overlook in their quest to get the ultimate material gift that in most cases I already have in duplicate. So here it is team… a blog on what I consider to have been my best gifts ever (and some received by others) over the last 15 years (I can't remember back much further) and hopefully this may help some of the other hapless males and children of significant others find the ultimate gift…

ONE

You can never underestimate time. I love to do stuff with the ones I love. Find a movie, a show, an excursion… plan it and make it happen. Surprise me!
The day that we took of midweek, went to Waiheke and long lunched at a small vineyard while the rest of the world toiled is wonderful memory for me. 


TWO

Capture a special moment. I love my children and my dogs. It’s as simple as that really. So the light boxes that have been created for me with these images on them have been my best gifts ever. A great causal shot by our pool of my two children with the two dogs that I adore has got to be one of my best presents (Tony found an old sleepy head light box when doing a shop fit to set it all into).



THREE

Trade Me… I'm obsessed and I'm always putting stuff on my watch list. It’s a massive clue guys. You will see a trend and can often discuss the list without her knowing what is happening or find similar stuff. An old Lynch print that I don't have would be a perfect gift. I'm also a fan of Sabner and Trechnichof and love flamingos at the moment… all things you can decipher from my Trade me watch list.



FOUR

What about writing and illustrating a book? They cost $50 to print digitally in hardcover.
I put together an illustrated story around our two dogs, Jam Jam and Paris (now deceased) for Tony’s birthday. It’s a great gift. You don't have to be able to draw, just add images (photos) that work and make up a story using meaningful characters.
These might be special moments in your life… the kids on a family adventure or a significant family holiday. I created a book for all the participants in our Indian trip last year… a photographic journey matched by letters from all the women on the trip that detailed the significance of the trip to them.




FIVE

Hold a small surprise party. Plan it without their knowledge and invite the most special people. The ones that she connects to all the time and serve her favourite food and drink.


SIX

Contract a video company and film a mock TV pilot. You may even have a friend that is great on a video camera. Find something that they are passionate about and create a reality TV show around it. These are all about characters and moments rather than celebrity. You never know… you may just be the next food truck… what a success Michael van de Elzen has been.


SEVEN

Create a great piece or art or buy one. Take a risk. This doesn't need to be a painting, it may just be an old car bonnet with a word as I got. Think outside the square. Look for interesting and different ways of creating art. You may be able to do this yourself. 


EIGHT

Arrange a meeting with a profile person that she aspires to or you know she would love to meet. You never know what may happen if you just put it out there. Approach the person and make a request, endeavour to set up a quick 20 minute coffee… look at the result that Kiri Nathan got when she put out there that she wanted to meet Beyonce.



NINE

If she is your partner, make a private declaration of love. One of the best that has ever happened for me was a huge red heart on the ceiling of our bedroom. This was made up of hundreds of small red hearts that pieced together to form a large heart. Each small heart had a love message in it.


TEN

Bombard her with flowers for the day. Imagine how wonderful it feels to get several bouquets delivered throughout the day to your place of work… just because you love her. 10 huge bunches ought to do it! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 annahstretton-WWMT-TV. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator