Thursday, May 23, 2013

The word "Sexy"… what does it mean to you?

This week’s guest blogger and Annah Stretton head stylist, Nina McGuire discusses what makes women feel sexy and confident. Nina has styled hundreds of women through in store and eventing styling sessions as well shared her keys to looking and feeling fantastic with numerous women’s groups throughout New Zealand and Australia. Nina also has her own blog where she shares the latest on fashion and style and teaches us how to love ourselves. You can read more of her blog posts here http://bit.ly/13EXmBP

As women, let’s face it we all want to have a feeling of being sexy. After a styling appointment I often ask ladies how they feel now after being correctly dressed. The most common response is sexy and confident.

So time to ask yourself…what makes you feel sexy? I myself have two:
-My fingernails. If they are not looking perfect I don’t hold my wine glass the same, I hide my hands. I simply don’t feel right.
-And secondly, brushing my teeth before bed. I know, it’s sad but true even when waking up alone I don’t want morning breath!

The most obvious thing that makes women feel sexy is being confident. These two things always go hand in hand, hence the importance of finding your personal "thing". I decided to ask a few ladies what makes them feel sexy -what their "thing" is. Here are the responses I got:
-matching underwear
-positive mindset
-eyelashes
-high heels
-animal print
-Egyptian cotton sheets
-Fragrance - either with perfume, candles, or a whiff of a man’s scent!
I actually have to admit I agree with ALL of these!!
Sexy is not and I repeat NOT only a "bedroom" thing - look at the sexiest woman around... Nigella Lawson - a very voluptuous bluebell. She bakes muffins and feels sexy!!
Nigella Lawson

So girls your Friday night to do list...Take off your flatties, throw on your heels, spray on some perfume, paint your nails and pour yourself a glass of bubbles! Bring your sexy back!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 annahstretton-WWMT-TV. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator