Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Best and worst gifts for Valentines Day - I've got you covered xx

I’m not so sure that I believe in the day from a commercial perspective but I certainly believe in the need to focus on the love in our lives. It is loving and being loved that drives so many of us to succeed and therefore it’s important that we recognise these people often.



So what do I want for Valentine’s Day?
Given that I have been in love – yes, still in love – with the same man for the last 17 years first there is time.
It’s the best gift between lovers and especially the more established ones as we sacrifice time in the name of simply getting things done.
Yep, you guessed it… my man is doing something company focused, fitting into my crazy time frames so we can keep driving the company forward. But then that doesn’t mean the 14thhas to be the only day we take time out. So I suggest for those that are apart on the 14th that this is the day you lock in the forward plan of doing something special together. 

So what is it that cements and recognises love and makes the recipient feel especially connected to their love… 

Well if it’s a MAN I suggest the list would look a bit like this:

Sexy lingerie: Bra and G string size small (I'm a medium to large)



A sex toy: Yep... don't they say men only think about three things and sex is right up there!



Flowers: Not red roses. Even I agree the price is too high but maybe a bunch of something?? Fingers crossed it’s not from the service station



A meal out: No… he cooks for me. After all it’s his gift. Yep, it’s the infamous chicken roast with the pre-packaged stuffing and gravy. I'm okay with this especially if he washes up and has selected the perfect wine accompaniment.



Chocolates: No, possibly not as he thinks they will go to my hips but if he does decide to buy these they will usually be dark chocolate as they’re his favourite.



Trip away: Yes, we plan it and this is our beach house (the one we go to several times a year). Given that we don't use it enough anyway, yes he's right!



My list:

White roses: A dozen of them (at least) sent to work or a handpicked posy of dahlias and cottage flowers begged from a friend’s garden as she has wonderful floral taste




A meal out at a new restaurant or cafe one that I have researched and decided to try: No usual places and haunts as he always prefers these. What about Puhoi Pub and Bistro… we may even be able to take the dogs... http://www.puhoinz.com/see-do/eat-drink/puhoi-pub/



A piece of art that has significant meaning to us both: This doesn’t have to be expensive… may also be a quirky piece of furniture that we both fall in love with. Check out this recent Trade Me find http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/beds-bedroom-furniture/bedside-tables/single-tables/auction-692729830.htm



A piece of jewellery: I’m a bit of a fan of the bone bangle from Meadowlark http://www.meadowlarkjewellery.com/index.php?page=listingDetails&&prodid=197&categoryid=6&sco=&collectionid



New linen for our bed: Loving Wallace Cottons… and reasonable prices 




So roll on Friday the 14th February. Please let me feel the love and give some as well and good luck to those of you that are still making decisions as to how you will recognise that significant other.

Feel free to share your Valentine’s Day gift ideas in the comments below…


Annah 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 annahstretton-WWMT-TV. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator