Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How to get a NO to mean a YES

Relationships - form the right ones and the world is your oyster.

Why do we crash and burn so many opportunities when in many instances all it takes is a little effort and a dollop of tolerance to create great outcomes for ourselves and others?

I think about my life and I know truly that the successes we have are driven by the relationships I have formed and yes, I have had to put in lots effort. I have even had to overlook the small stuff that used to get right up my nose.   
-It’s about getting to know as many people as you can.
-Never taking ‘no’ for an answer.
-Being likable.
-Being memorable.
-Never abusing the connections you have.
-Never burning bridges no matter how angry you are; be smart, look forward…get over it!
-Ensuring that you start all new relationships in credit - what you can do for them, not what they can do for you.

Being interested in the most insignificant people (the ones that make the least noise) in the room…they hold the delightful surprises, as I found out when I gained a ride back to Wellington City one night from the homes of one of our diplomats, and happened to be in the car with a very unassuming but delightful High Court judge.

The girls that succeed in my company and truly get the outstanding results are the ones that have a strong relationship with me and are confidentially maximizing this daily.
The ones that don’t have this level of relationship are often the grass is greener types. They will always be looking for someone to provide something better, so rather than create their own outcomes and work hard to achieve them within the environment they are in, they simply keep moving on in search of someone to generate those things for them.

My success in forging relationships and establishing connections in the Australian market, where we are endeavouring to grow the brand, has been about the connections I have made over the years. Even small things like setting up for telephone or power in this country are not like NZ; you need faster pathways to the top to get things happening within reasonable time frames.
Encouraging Australian women's groups to have me as a speaker requires connection and persistence. The brand is unknown in this country so no one really cares. I get a lot more ‘no's’ than I get ‘yes's’ at the moment, but as long as I have a plan and a vision I will keep on persisting. I certainly know that Sir Edmund didn't conquer the mountain first time around. 
  

I, however, never take no for an answer. 


Sure it’s a temporary roadblock and I simply need another route, and I will always look for it. Yet most people I deal with walk away after the first no even though they cared enough to ask the initial question.

It has been interesting forging new relationships in China as they certainly don't take no for an answer!

Say yes to more opportunities. Yes, I've got myself into some underwhelming scenarios and I've also been in some excellent ones. Lets face it, they are all easy enough to remove yourself from!

The relationships that you form will determine the level of success that you achieve in your life…believe it and get out there and get yourself known.
Sit comfortably in your own skin and know that you can and will achieve anything you set your mind to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 annahstretton-WWMT-TV. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator