Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Not me.... I don’t want to win Big Wednesday??

Seriously I have never coveted a lotto ticket - or even bought one. I am quite unlike my partner, Tony or, it would seem, a friend of mine that works in health who has the whole scenario plotted out for the day she does win. I suppose it’s like the day she decided to go organic with her vegetable garden. Apparently she just went outside focused very hard and willed the snails and slugs to go away and they did… really?
A second friend was so amused with the concept of the absolute power of ‘can-do’ thought that she decided to use it to will her gardenia bush to flower for the three flowers she needed to include in a bouquet to enhance the visit she was intending to make to a sick friend.
Yep you guessed it… it worked! She got her three blooms. But back to Big Wednesday and my first friends plan... According to her plan for the Thursday am after the win… she will make the call to her work (I can’t see this being an early call given that she's partial to a bevy or two) telling them the car she drives (a work one) and the keys are in the drive and can they sort the pick up quickly as she needs room for her new and very flash automobile (isn't that what happens on the TV advert?).
Obviously, with my accountant’s brain in action, I have pointed out the stupidity of this and suggest that she work out her required notice to get all that is owed to her. Even if she no longer needs it, there will be a worthy organisation that would gratefully receive this final pay from her I’m sure.

I suppose the bigger thing for me is, I don't and have never shared the same lotteries dream.
One of my favourite sayings is...’Until the job’s worth more than the money it will never pay more’
Think about it… until you love what you do, you will never bring an advanced level of passion to your work and if you don't love something you can never be good at it and subsequently not get the returns you covert. So why the hell do we put ourselves in these situations i.e businesses and roles that we don't love??
Message time: ‘If you don't love what you do get out!’
Yep, it’s as simple as that.
It will never be fair on your employer, your customer and more importantly yourself. And I, more than anyone, know this. Each day I go to work and, sure some days are hard. The 160 women that I deal with each day equates to 160 hidden agendas… try that coming at you daily ARGHHHH! Yet I still absolutely love what I do!

Every day I strive to create a culture that is second to none; one that attracts the best of girls to work in my retail stores and my head office and we have success here… just look at what our customers are saying and they truly must be the strongest measure… as well as those dollars in the till.
I love the product I create. Who wouldn't when the frocks that grace our stores and the environment that I work in just keep getting better? And on this note, my environment is in a constant state of flux as I am always looking for change and growth within.

So effectively I have very little need in regards to being in a role that I love, that also extends and excites me each and every day. My measure will always be my team, my culture and, of course, my bottom line… and both are healthy. So I have no need or inclination to win Big Wednesday. In fact, I have never given it a second thought as I am way too focused on my next venture and how I can perhaps propel it to make a lottery type return!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 annahstretton-WWMT-TV. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator