Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A New Journey

I am very excited about the prospect of composing a regular blog. I seem to have so much that happens in my life that I am sure a lot of it will be of benefit to so many. The challenge being just where to start and what is the most relevant content. So what is my focus today... I suppose insanely enough it is not the frantic pace that surrounds me at work and makes me wonder if I will ever emerge from the end of each day with my sanity intact. Arghhhhhhh... the daily dramas of employing 150 women would have to make the best content ever for a book.

My focus at the moment is with my son, Edward who is about to embark on a 5 week trip to India and the surrounding countries for some absurdly cheap fare of $600 on AirAsia.com. He flies out of Christchurch this Monday at 1am, with five of his closest male mates to be met in New Deli by two male friends that have been over there for the summer teaching english in the orphanages. He is fully vacinated, thank God. Yep, we went for the rabies shot even though the chances are so slim (the shots cost more than the flights ) and has butterflies in his stomach at the moment. The ones you get when you really start to push yourself into journeys unknown. I love these and possibly don't get them enough these days. That feeling of being right on the cliff's edge and not knowing wether you will slip and fall or simply waiver.


It's not like he hasn't travelled as he was in Monaco with his girlfriend last year and was fortunate to do a gap year after his seventh form year at Camp America. This time it is a little more intrepid and I'm a little bit more apprehensive. He's also away for his 21st but what better way to spend it than in a country like India. In fact, I'm really very envious. I would have loved to have done this but am so nervous at the prospect. Maybe I can convince Vicki Treadell, our British High Commissioner  and a colleague of mine to take the NZ women's delegation that she has often talked about to Mumbai as that would truly be a wonderful way to see this country or there may even be someone out there that thinks my skills around growing small businesses would translate well into this country. I will just wait as so much happens in my life, even in a day, that I never know what tomorrow will bring.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 annahstretton-WWMT-TV. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator